Skip to content
Tags

, , ,

Gemset

December 10, 2010

This is going to look more like a journal entry.

Today I decided to install ruby 1.9.2, clone the project I am working on on github, and get it running – ie installing the gems etc.

I installed ruby 1.9.2 using RVM all right and made it my default ruby.

I cloned the project and installed bundler.

To install the gems I did tried ‘bundle install’ and this is what I got:

shell> bundle install
Fetching source index for http://rubygems.org/
Fetching source index for http://gems.github.com/
/Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/requirement.rb:109:in `hash': bignum too big to convert into `long' (RangeError)
from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/requirement.rb:109:in `hash'
shell> gem list
*** LOCAL GEMS ***
bundler (1.0.7)
rake (0.8.7)

This solved the problem:

shell> rvm gemset create mygemset
info: Gemset 'mygemset' created.
shell> bundle install
Fetching source index for http://rubygems.org/
Fetching source index for http://gems.github.com/
Using rake (0.8.7) 
Installing aaronh-chronic (0.3.9)
 Installing aasm (2.2.0)

etc…

Found some documentation on gemset here:  http://rvm.beginrescueend.com/gemsets/basics/

Advertisements

From → Uncategorized

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: